The checklist below is provided as a roadmap for hosting an event in the City of Columbia.
Beer and Wine Sales/Consumption
- Legal Department for Resolution Application
Required for the sale/consumption of alcohol on city property (i.e. streets, sidewalks or parks)
Contact: Jennifer Hendrix
803-545-4242 | [email protected]
- Department for Resolution – ABL 100 Application forTemporary Event Permit
Required to sell/serve beer and wine
Event Signage Requirements
- Event Organizer is responsible for posting the followingsignage at the entry points of the event site:
- COVID-19 Guidelines sign for mask requirements, socialdistancing and hand sanitizing.
- “No Concealed Weapons” sign that complies with the size andformatting requirements of section 23-31-235 of the SouthCarolina Code.
- “No Open Carry” sign
- Event Organizer is responsible for ensuring that health andsafety requirements are followed. Non-compliance may resultin the event being closed. See examples below:
CFD Special Event Application
- Fire Marshal’s Office
Required for on-site cooking,tent placement, fire ordinance compliance checks, and mask ordinance compliance
Contact: Fire Marshal George Adams
803-545-3703 | [email protected]
Parking Meter Bagging Request
- Parking Services
Required for bagging meters located at the event
Contact: Richard Pickney
803-545-0287 | [email protected]
- Traffic Engineering Division
Required for power tobe supplied at the event.
Contact: Leonard Freeman
803-545-3820 | [email protected]
Event Location Request
- Parks and RecreationDepartment
Required for events hosted in city parks or recreation centers.
Contact: Pearl Osborne
803-545-3100 | [email protected]
Road Closure Request
- SC Department of Transportation
A letter will be provided by CPD pending approval.
Neighborhood and Business Notification
- Notification of the event is required for neighborhood(s) and businesses directly impacted by the event.
Contact CPD Special Events for most up-to-date Neighborhood/Business information
Trash/Recycling Receptacles Request
- Solid Waste Division
Required for trash and recyle receptacles to be located at the event.
Contact: Samantha Yager
803-545-3803 | [email protected]
Contact the following staff members from the Columbia Police Department Special Events Office regarding any questions or concerns:
- Sgt. Jennifer Jordan – O:803-545-3514 | C:803-391-2407 | [email protected]