- Applicant must be twenty-
one (21) years or older as of date of application;
- Applicant must be a United States citizen;
- Applicant must be a high school graduate; or have a GED certificate; or a college graduate;
- Applicant must possess and maintain a valid Class “D” Driver’s License; and, have an acceptable driving record.
- Applicant cannot have a criminal record.
- Applicant must be of good character and be temperate in habits.
- Applicant cannot have DUI or DUS or any driving suspensions that occurred within the past ten (10) years.
- Applicant must have a good employment history.
(A complete background investigation for criminal convictions and drivers license violation record will be conducted through local, state, and national criminal record agencies. The City of Columbia WILL NOT consider applicants for Police Officer positions who have:
- A criminal record
- Physical or psychological deficiency which cannot be overcome
- A background that reflects poor character