Columbia Police Department (CPD) investigators have charged a 20-year-old male in connection with three separate armed robbery investigations after pretending to be interested in buying items for sale in the Facebook store.
Elijah S. Webb is housed at the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center (ASGDC) charged with: Attempted Murder, Three Counts of Armed Robbery, Three Counts of Possession of a Weapon during a Violent Crime, Grand Larceny, and Discharging a Firearm into a Vehicle.
Webb was arrested around 6:30 a.m. today at 100 Ripplemeyer Avenue (North Pointe Estates) by CPD officers and members of the United States Marshal Service’s (USMS) Carolina’s Regional Fugitive Task Force.
January 22, 2021 |5200 block of Farrow Road
Webb is accused of stealing gaming equipment from the male victims at gunpoint. Webb allegedly shot at the victims as they tried to drive away from the scene. No injuries were reported.
November 27, 2020 | 100 Lorick Circle | Latimer Manor Apartments
Webb is accused of stealing a pair of basketball shoes, a wallet, phone, and car keys from the male victim at gunpoint.
November 4, 2020 | 100 Lorick Circle | Latimer Manor Apartments
Webb is accused of stealing clothing, a wallet, and cell phone from the female victim at gunpoint.
All persons arrested/charged are presumed innocent until or unless proven guilty in a court of law.
Safety Tips: As a reminder, if you’re looking to buy or sell merchandise through social media, find a safe meeting location for transactions.
- Do not meet anyone at your home.
- Meet in a public place (such as a law enforcement agency) where there is a high volume of pedestrian or vehicle traffic. Keep in mind, officers are generally prohibited from engaging in private business transactions. They can assist with overall public safety.
- Make transactions during daylight hours. Avoid evening transactions.
- Try to take a family member or friend with you to serve as a witness.
- Be careful when proving financial information. Criminals may use your banking information for illegal purposes.