- Be twenty-
one (21) years or older as of date of application;
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a high school graduate; or have a GED certificate; or a college graduate;
- Possess and maintain a valid Class “D” Driver’s License; and, have an acceptable driving record.
- Have no criminal record.
- Be of good character and be temperate in habits.
- Have no DUI or DUS or any driving suspensions that occurred within the past ten (10) years.
- Have a good employment history.
(A complete background investigation for criminal convictions and driver license violation record will be conducted through local, State, and national criminal record agencies. The City of Columbia WILL NOT consider applicants for Police Officer positions who have:
- Any Criminal Record
- Physical or psychological defieiency which cannot be overcome
- A background that reflects poor character