The Columbia Police Department (CPD) Property Crimes investigators are working to identify a man accused of breaking into a vehicle, announced Police Chief W. H. “Skip” Holbrook.
The incident occurred at approximately 5:30 a.m. on October 15, 2019 at 623 Sallie Baxter Dr. The suspect was captured on surveillance video entering and searching through vehicles located at the property. Video and images of suspect available below.
Citizens who can identify the suspect are encouraged to contact CRIMESTOPPERS in any of the following ways:
CALL toll-free, 888-CRIME-SC.
LOG onto: midlandscrimestoppers.com, and click on the red “Submit a tip” tab.
DOWNLOAD the new P3 Tips App for Apple or Android devices.
Auto-Breaking Prevention tips:
- Always lock your vehicle’s doors
- Close windows/sunroof
- Do not leave valuables in plain view
- Consider anti-theft security device / alarm
If your vehicle is stolen:
- Call 9-1-1
- Make sure you know the license plate and vehicle’s VIN numbers
- If you see someone stealing your vehicle, try to get a good description of the suspect(s).
*It is also beneficial to take a picture of your vehicle for record keeping purposes. You can give the picture to law enforcement to aid in the vehicle’s recovery.
It is important to report auto breaking or larceny incidents to your local law enforcement agency.