In an effort to provide citizens with directions regarding re-opening, the City of Columbia’s Parks and Recreation Department has announced that they will re-open their parks and amenities on May 3, 2021. The following outlines the plan to re-open parks and amenities for citizens to enjoy with restrictions.
Community Centers: Greenview Park, Hyatt Park, Lorick Park, Pinehurst Park, ML King Park, Woodland Park, and Katheryn Bellfield Center
- Hours of Operations: Monday – Thursday; 10am-9pm: Friday close at 8pm
Sunday: 2pm-7pm (MLK Park and Hyatt Park only)
Neighborhood Centers: St. Anna’s Park, Melrose Park, Emily Douglas Park, Heathwood Park, Hampton Park, S. Edisto Park, Sims Park and Busby
- Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 10am- 6pm
Drew Wellness Center: Re-Opens May 3, 2021
- Members to bring their own towel until further notice.
- No individual swim lessons.
- Instructor fitness classes begin by May 17, 2021.
- Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday 9am-9pm
Friday 9am -5pm
Saturday 10am – 5pm
Youth Baseball: Modified youth baseball season to begin early May
- Ages-5 & 6 T-Ball
- Ages- 7 & 8 Coaches Pitch
- Clinics: Pitching mechanics, Batting, Fielding and Throwing
- Ages 9 & 10
- Ages 11 & 12
Youth and Adult Summer Basketball leagues: Registration begins mid-April. League play starts the first week in June for youth and adults.
For all athletics information, please contact 803-563-4300 or 803-545-3113
Facility Reservation: Facility reservations to go into effect May 3, 2021. Modified occupancy will be followed according to Fire Marshall.
Summer Camp: Summer Camp will be postponed in the best interest of health and safety of our children at this time.
Pool Season: All outdoor pools open Memorial Day weekend. (May 29, 2021)
- Drew Splash Pad, Maxcy Gregg Pool and Greenview Pool
- No individual swim lessons
Summer Concerts: Summer Concerts and Movies in the Park postponed until further notice in the best interest of health and safety of the public.
Specialty Camps: Golf Center and Columbia Tennis Center will remain as scheduled
Greenways: Remain open as already scheduled
Parks and Recreation guidelines to facilities re-opening:
- Required to wear masks when interacting with the City of Columbia Parks & Recreations staff
- Maintain Social Distancing of 6ft. at all times
- Citizen visitation to park facilities will be limited based on our ability to maintain social distancing requirements
- Park staff reserves the right to disband gatherings and/or solicit support from local law enforcement as needed